What am I doing wrong?
Created own Client ID, Client Secret and using on rclone. Set up google drive properly using default configs on rclone apart from own client ID and secret.
**I want to copy around 4TB of files.**
When I try:
rclone copy source: destination: –drive-server-side-across-configs -P –max-transfer 720G
I get maximum of around 1 MiB/s or lower. This is a folder with lots of sub folders and files.
When I try to transfer a different folder with many large files in it instead, I get around 16 MiB/s.
**I am using a digital ocean droplet so my speeds should be faster.**
I have tried rclone sync also to no avail.
**I don’t notice any difference between if I use –drive-server-side-across-configs or not.**
I have tried the following so far:
1. Copy from G Suite EDU to G Suite Workspace Enterprise directly without the server side flag
2. Tried to make a Shared Team Drive between the two and copied from EDU to Shared Drive
3. I tried to share the folder from the source, but since there are many files it seems like it takes hours to change the permissions. If I don’t share the folder (either my sharing it directly or making it public) I seem to get 404 file not found errors when I use the server side flag.
4. I tried to share the folder from the source, but since there are many files it seems like it takes hours to change the permissions. If I don’t make it public I seem to get 404 file not found errors when I use the server side flag. If I share the folder (this in case “Test1” for some reason when I try rclone copy source:Test123 –drive-shared-with-me destination:Test1 –drive-server-side-across-configs -P I get a source directory not found error. But if I just do rclone copy source:Test123 source:Test456 all works fine?
5. My EDU Google drive is unable to make new team drives, I can only make a team drive from my Google Workspace and share the drive with the EDU account
6. I just tried rclone copy source:folder source:folder2 –drive-server-side-across-configs -P and it was also still really slow? What’s going on? I tried the same on my Google Workspace on the asme folder and I’m getting 65 MiB/s whereas on Google EDU I’m getting less than 1 MiB/s?
**tl;dr: How can I transfer around 4 tb of files from one EDU G Suite to a G Workspace Enterprise? I’m trying server side and it isn’t working and the normal clone/sync says it will take over 26 weeks to do?**
I have hit any API limits as I just started this and both the Google accounts not been used in a long time.