I have 25TB and low speed upload connection (5Mb/s). Which mean 1.5 years at max speed.
So online backup is out of the question.
Will try to backup once a month. I have an old pc i want to install xigma nas on. For these backups I won’t use a raid array to avoid the 1^14 restore problem.
**My Old pc:**
RAM: 32GB DDR3
Storage space: 2×2.5”, 1xmSATA, 10xSATA.MB: 2xSATA3, 4xSATA2, PCIE extension – 6xSATA2
No disks – That’s what the post about.
**I have an older pc that I use for backups:**
CPU: Phenom X4 955
RAM: 8GB DDR2
6x2TB disks, RAID 5
**Disk Options in local stores (Some of these are not on wiki, listing the cheapest only):**
– The usual consumer models
– My favorite for non RAID storage, Toshiba x300 8TB (Errors: 1^14) – ~255 USD
– 10TB: Toshiba s300 HDWT31AUZSVA – ~383USD
– 12TB: WD RED WD120EFBX, Seagate Exos x16 ST12000NM001G – ~543USD
– 14TB: Seagate Exos x14 ST14000NM001G – ~530USD
16TB cost too much for me (~780USD)
I’m thinking about 5x14TB Exos x14 for RAID 5. Can’t afford more this year, maybe more in 2023.
Unless you think it’s a good idea to order from amazon with 30 days warranty.